Gujarati Mango Pickle Recipe When summer comes, it is time to make pickles! So don’t miss the chance to make this savory Mathia mango pickle. This is a pickle made with fresh raw mango and special and fresh mix of spices that will give flavor to any of your meals. But you will not be in a hurry to make it. Follow every method of making it thoroughly and make sure that the mango is dried properly in the sun or under a fan, otherwise the mango will soften within a few days of pickling and the pickle will not last long.
So, before storing freshly made pickles in the refrigerator, pack them in an airtight jar at room temperature for two days to allow the curry to mix well with the oil and spices. This traditional method will definitely make your pickle very nice.
This famous Gujarati pickle can be served with any Indian meal and looks very tasty with khakra, thepla and paratha.
Necessary For Gujarati Mango Pickle Recipe
For raw mangoes
1 1/2 cups raw mango pieces
2 tablespoons whole salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Other essentials For Gujarati Mango Pickle Recipe
- 3/4 cup mustard oil
- 1/2 cup fenugreek curry
- 1/2 cup Raina Curia
- 1/2 cup whole salt
- 2 tablespoons red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Ritual For Gujarati Mango Pickle Recipe
- In a bowl, take raw mango, whole salt and turmeric, mix well, cover with lid and keep aside for 1 hour. Now drain the water by squeezing the mango.
- Now place a muslin cloth on a large flat plate and spread the mango pieces evenly on it and keep it aside for 1 hour under the fan or in the sun.
Follow this method For Gujarati Mango Pickle Recipe
- Heat the oil in a small wide non-stick pan over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the oil smells. Now let it cool.
- Now gather all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Now add dried mango pieces to this mixture and mix well.
- Now pour the mustard oil over the raw mango mixture and mix well.
- Pack the prepared pickles in an airtight jar and keep at room temperature for 3 days and then store it in the refrigerator.